An outdoor dining area is a perfect setting for a dinner party or just a change of scenery after a long day. Whatever you are looking for, we’ve composed a list of tips to consider when creating your outdoor dining spot.
1. Lighting is key. A light source above or near your table allows for an enjoyable gathering past sundown. You can use tiki torches, string lights or lights underneath your umbrella. Not only does it create a delightful ambience it allows you the more time to enjoy your outdoor room!
2. Shade your table. Another way to ensure the use of your dining area is to provide some sort of cover to keep you dry during those spring showers and blistering summer days. If your budget doesn’t allow for a lavish build you can use a pavilion or cantilever umbrella to create cover.
3. Space savers. You don’t need vast amounts of space to create your outdoor dining room. Take a look at your space and see if you could re-arrange the pieces you currently have. Use the porch or a corner of the yard otherwise unnoticed and you can create a cozy spot to dine.
4. Provide a heat source for those cooler evenings. Whether you install some gas logs or a fire pit table, a source of heat is another great option to utilize your outdoor room as the weather cools down. Snuggle up with a great book and a glass of wine or make s’mores with the kids.
5. No Table, No Problem. Barstools and a good bar top are a front row seat to the grill and perfect for poolside barbecues. It can be a space saver and a more casual dining setting.