5 Tips for...
"Creating a Work of Art in Your Backyard"
THINK about some of your vacations.
- What did you like best about where you stayed?
- Given differences in climate and landscape, what elements can you re-create in your yard.
- Look through magazines for ideas.
- Keep pictures of the styles and outdoor spaces that are most appealing to you.
LIST the ways that you use outdoor space.
- Do you prefer relaxing by the pool, dining al fresco, entertaining, rocking, glider or lounging in a comfortable chair?
- Determining how you use the space will help you prioritize your purchasing.
LOOK at your outdoor space.
- Consider different options. There may be areas that you are not using right now that are perfectly suited for a dining table or seating area.
- There are often opportunities to create different living areas by using plants, rugs and accessories.
SHOP to see the latest trends in outdoor furnishings.
- You will find a variety of furniture styles and colors.
- Bring a picture or sketch of your outdoor space, along with measurements. This is helpful to determine the scale and style of furnishings that best suit your outdoor space.
BUY for your entire outdoor space if your budget allows or furnish one area at a time.
- One of the advantage of purchasing quality outdoor furnishings is the ability to add to the collection over time.